When applying for a Firearms ID Card and/or a Permit To Purchase A Handgun, the following procedures must be followed:
1) Sign on to website at www.njsp.org. Locate form for “Application for Firearms Purchaser ID card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit”.
2) Check off and fill out form. All forms must be COMPLETE & LEGIBLE. All forms filled out incompletely will not be processed.
3) When filling out the Firearms application, the “mental health” form and the (2) reference forms, all information must be filled out completely including ZIP Codes. All references must include town, city and ZIP Code. All information must be legible.
4) When the forms in the packet are completed, return to the Woodcliff Lake Police Department to begin the firearms process.
5) Complete the attached Morpho Trak application form and follow instructions completely. **NOTE: box #7 “Contributor Case Number” on the Morpho Trak application the code is 2013/mm/dd for the numeric year, month and date of your application (ie. 2013-01-01)
6) If you are applying for a Firearms ID card you will need to be fingerprinted through Morpho Trak: a Certified Check or Money Order for the sum of $57.50 will be collected by Morpho Trak on the day of your appointment.
7) After your background check process is completed, if you are applying for a Firearms ID card, there is a $5.00 fee for a Firearms ID Card. This fee can be made either by cash or by check payable to the Borough of Woodcliff Lake.
8) After your background check process is completed, if you are applying for a Permit to Purchase A Handgun, there is a $2.00 fee for each Permit To Purchase A Handgun. This fee can be made either by cash or by check payable to the Borough of Woodcliff Lake.
9) If you have any questions regarding the applications or the process, please call Det. Keith Kalmbach at 391-4977 x 527.
Det. Keith Kalmbach
Woodcliff Lake Police Department